Friday, May 28, 2010

Furever Friday: SeabassCat

Not too long ago one of my human twitter pals met a handsome fella.  He was so handsome, in fact, that she decided that she had to have him all to herself.  That's her story, at least...  There is another side to that tale though, and as luck would have it, my pal Sebastian (aka SeabassCat) has agreed to share it with us. 

=^..^=
 
Do you remember any about your life before finding you forever home?

My life before coming here is a little fuzzy, but I remember a little bit. I lived with a family that had other cats. I wasn't comfortable with all the other cats in the house because it meant that I didn't get much attention. I'm quite the lovable kitty and need to be able to give and receive lots of affection. Guess you could say I'm a lover, not a fighter!

After that, I lived at a local shelter, Wayside Waifs. I had a little room all to myself with a door I could look through and watch the activities of the cat adoption area. I met great people there. The volunteers were wonderful and very attentive toward me. They made me feel quite comfortable while I waited for my forever home.
How did you find your forever home?

Mom is a volunteer at Wayside Waifs and one night came into my room. She sat on the floor and let me cuddle in her lap. I knew then that if I worked it just right, she would take me home. I looked at her with my best sad eyes and cuddled closer. She sat with me for a really long time. I loved her instantly! After a while, she told me she had to go home and she got up and left. I thought I had read her wrong and that maybe she wasn't meant to be my forever home. My lucky day actually came two days later when she came back and told me I was going home with her! She told me she loved me and I wouldn't have to worry any more. That night, after her volunteer shift, we went home together. It has been bliss ever since!


What’s your favorite thing about your adoptive family?

There are so many things I love about my new family. I have a sisfur, Dottie, who is a guinea pig. We're pretty good friends now. She's the one who introduced me to Twitter and encouraged me to start my blog. There's also a fish, Jimmy Dugan, that I watch sometimes, but he doesn't mind. Then there's Mom. I think she's my favorite part, because she lets me sleep with her at night. Even after I've sat on her lap and cuddled with her all day long, she lets me cuddle with her more all night too! It's great! I couldn't have asked for a better forever home!
I hope telling my story helps other kitties at shelters find their forever homes too.
=^..^=
Well there you go... It's no wonder dat his new Mom fell in love with him. He's such a kind and gentle soul.  Thank you, Sebastian for sharing your furever home story with everyone!  You are a great pal, and role model for me.

Thanks for stopping by!

Henry (aka Quadpawd)







8 Comentários:

Pandafur said...

Thanks you for teh inspyring story and teh introdukshun to Seabass Cat *purr*

Cathy Keisha said...

I love your Furever Fridays! They always give us leaky eyes of joy. I just started following Sebastian and I think we'll be furrends for a long time.

analou said...

Wow that's a great story. I am happy that you finally found your forever home. Your such a beautiful and sweet cat. No wonder your mom feel in love with you.....Take care you your mom and your friends...

Mariodacat said...

Isn't SeaBass cat an endearing kitty. His story is so touching too.

Sparkle said...

What a great story - thanks for giving @SeabassCat a chance to share it with us!

Sebastian said...

Thanks for sharing my story Henry! You do a great job here. And thanks to everyone who left such nice comments about me! I'm glad I have met so many nice friends since coming to my forever home!

Flamincatdesigns said...

Oh you really did your magic on your person, now you have the wonderful forever home. I am purry happy for you.

purrrss

bebipelucha said...

I love your story :) purrrs

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO