Friday, June 11, 2010

Furever Friday: Meow_Girls

This week I am very excited to share with you the stories of two very beautiful ladies.  Both ladies traveled many roads on the journey to their furever homes, but patience paid off and they both ended up in the purrfect  family.  Friends, please say hello to the Meow_Girls.


What do you remember about your journey to your furever home?

On Twitter, everyone knows us as the Meow_Girls. But at home we are just Tippy and Penny. Penny is the big gray and white girl. And I, Tippy am the little Calico that chases her..Tee hee. We are going to tell our story, so follow closely. You never know which of us will jump in and talk.

~Tippy~

Let's start with what I (Tippy) remember of my early life. I don't remember too much. I had kittens at less than a year old. I know I had a home and a sisfur too. Actually we both had kittens around the same time. Our humans must have decided that they didn't want us or our babies. We figured this out because one day, not long after our kittens came, the humans put us all in a box and took us somewhere in the car. When the car stopped, we had no idea where we were. They took our box and put us down on a step. All I remember is they drove off and it was very hot there. It was a Sunday and we were hungry and very thirsty but no one came to help us.

The next morning a nice man came along rattling his keys. He went to open the door of the building and you should have seen his face when he looked down. He seemed happy to see us. We later found out we were at a safe place. It is called Liberty Humane Society in Jersey City, NJ. They take care of kitties and puppies that no one wants. For awhile they kept all of us together but then we started hitting each other. The shelter even nicknamed me "Mommy Dearest" and my sisfur was "Joan Crawford". I don't remember my real name. The shelter people always played with me. It was home to us. At least they seemed to love us.

A few days after I was put up for adoption, Annie and Kathy came in looking for a kitty because Annie's kitty, whose name was Callie, had recently gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I heard Annie say that she had gone many places that day and could not find a kitty that she felt a connection with. Then they took me out and let her hold me. She was so nice to me. She was not sure she wanted a cat that had kittens so I showed her what I thought of that. They put me down on the floor so she could watch me walk. I walked, yeah right. I ran right back into my cage and shut the door behind me. I really did!

Everyone laughed but I think that's when Annie fell in love with me. Right after that I saw her talking to the lady who worked there. They came back and let me out of the cage again. After Annie petted me for awhile, I was put into a carrier. I knew I was going home. I was sad that I was leaving my kittens and sisfur behind but I knew they were safe and would find a human to love them too.



~Penny~

Ok show off, now it's my turn to tell everyone where I came from. I think I was born in Bayonne, NJ. At least that's where I lived for two years. My real name has always been Penelope but Kathy nicknamed me Penny.
I don't remember how I ended up in a shelter the first time. Let's just say I did. I was very young. I don't even remember my first human's name. What I remember is that we were very happy together. She was a young lady and took nice care of me. Then one day she came home from work and she was crying. I sat on her lap and she told me she had lost her job and couldn't afford to take care of me anymore. She took me back to the shelter and returned me to them. I lived there a few months. It was a private shelter in a groomer's store. It was very cold there. Then one day, my lady came back for me. She still wasn't working but missed me. For a long time, the shelter provided her with my food because she was still not working. We were together and I was happy again. Things changed again when the girl had to move in with her father. She kept me after the move and life was good for awhile. But it seems her father decided he was afraid he would fall over me. He was an elderly man and didn't like kitties anyway. So again, it was back to the cold shelter. They didn't have a lot of money to take care of the kitties but they did the best they could. We were fed and had water. We were also kept clean.

But as I said, it was very cold.

I remember this like it was yesterday. I was in my cage hiding in the corner as usual because I was so sad. These two ladies came into the room. They kept looking at me and I kept hiding more. Then my cage-mate, Button, started cleaning me. He was licking my fur until it shone. Then he started pushing me towards the front of the cage. Hey, he was my friend. Why was he pushing me out? I guess he was smarter than I was because right when he pushed me to the front, the cage was opened.  The shelter lady picked me up and put me on a table.  She called Kathy over and I was still shy. Then she petted me and I rubbed against her. She seemed nice. Then I heard her tell the lady that her kitty, Randi, who she’d had for a long time had gone to the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks before. She didn’t plan on adopting another cat so soon. But one day she went on Petfinder.com just to see what kitties were up for adoption. And there I was. She told the shelter lady that when she saw me, she said to her sister, Annie “I need that cat”. Right then Kathy decided to try and adopt me. She worried so much that I would be gone before she got there. She didn’t need to worry. I was a two year old and was the one there the longest. It seems not many humans want an adult cat. So I hope older kitties don’t give up. We are special and lovable.

That’s how we ended up being adopted. We have two different stories but they are very much the same.

What’s your favorite thing about your adoptive family?

We are two very loved kitties and are so blessed. Originally, Penny lived alone with Kathy. Penny is about seven years old. Then Kathy’s and Annie’s mommy died leaving Annie and Grandpa alone with Callie. The girls rented a very nice apartment but it was expensive. And even though Kathy lived alone for many years, she and Annie decided to all move in together. This way Grandpa would never be alone or sad. He now had two kitties. Penny got along with Callie but when Callie died, Penny was sad. And then I (Tippy) came to live with them about three years ago. I am a silly kitty and love to pounce on Penny. But we really do love each other. Oh yeah, Guess how I got my name?  Tippy is my nickname. Originally when I got to my furever home, no one could think of a good name for me. Then one day, I was running through the rooms and Annie noticed that I ran on my toes. Therefore she named me Tip-i-Toes. I prefer “Princess Tip-i-Toes”. But as long as everyone loves and cuddles us, plays with us and feeds us. We are two happy cats!

The very best thing about our furever home is that we have one. We know that Annie, Kathy and Grandpa will always let us sleep in whichever bed we want.

We are warm and happy.  Oh yeah, and we get lots of treats.

Please do us one favor. Don’t tell them how much we love them. Even though we think they already know.
=^..^=

 OMC... Talk about taking the long way home. I'm so glad they did though, because it sounds like  they ended up right where they belonged.  

If your not friends with these two on twitter yet, you should be. They are very sweet and adorable girls who love to meow and share with their friends.  (In other meows, go an introduce yourselves, STAT.)

Thank you Penny and Tippy for taking the time to share your story with everyone!  

Thanks for stopping by,

Henry (Quadpawd)

7 Comentários:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Hellloooooo bootiful girls! What a clever idea my friend, you get to meet all the lovely girls and interview/cuddle them!!

Boris Kitty said...

I luv dem Meow_girls dems sum of ma best twitter pals!

It wuz beary nice to learns more about dem two sweeties.

Mariodacat said...

Oh my gosh - I know the @meow_Girls. Good friends of mine too. it was so nice to hear their story. Thank you for featuring dem.

Pandafur said...

Wat a grate interview henry, I din't know teh story of teh meow gurls an its a riveting tail. They iz such nice gurls too, Iz so glad they haz a happy furever home. Thanks you for teh interview.

Flamincatdesigns said...

Wow, what a ruff start in life the Meowgirls have had. I love the happy ending stories. Look like they got the purrfect life now.

Rebecca said...

What lovely stories! I've sent you the Happy Cat award, it's at my blog!

Marg said...

That is a great story about the two girls. It is always good to hear good stories.
Have a great day.

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO