Friday, June 4, 2010

Furever Friday: Purring Zoey

I know what you were thinking, ‘That Henry fella forgot to post his Furever Friday post again.’  I’m happy to tell you that that’s not what happened. Actually, I kinda bit my featured guest too hard and she was too upset  to type out her responses.  *nervous laugh*

This week, in honor of the America Humane’s Adopt-A-Cat-Month, I decided to feature one of my favorite Shelter kitties, my sisfur Zoey.  Unfortunately, Zoey hasn’t been able to get online as much as she wants, but she promises to work on that.  So here we go…


What was your life like before you found your furever home?

When I was a little kitten I lived with a couple humans and another kitty, but they had a baby and decided to take my sisfur and I to an animal shelter.
  
I was there just two days before I heard some sad news.  Well, the first part wasn’t so bad, my sisfur cat got adopted.  The second part though, was HORRIBLE!!  You see the shelter was a very crowded and they needed to make room for more kitties.  To do that, they were going to ‘get rid’ of kitties they deemed unadoptable. ME; I was on that list!


How did you find your forever home?

I was sooooo scared at the Shelter. A few people stopped by early that afternoon, but nobody as much as cuddled me. Then… Then everything changed.  A lady came in and was chatting with my caretaker.  “Meow”, I cried.  “Mep,meow…”  She acted like I wasn’t even there, and I heard her tell the uniformed lady that she had just decided to adopt a kitty from a nearby rescue. “NO! WAIT…”

Before she left though she said that she wanted to meet the kitties.  She held three;./’l; other cats before she got to me.  When my turn came, the pressure was on.  The shelter closed in an hour and no one else was there.  I had to win her over. Had to.  She picked me up and then read the card on my cage. While she read it, it was like her whole mood changed.  She hugged me a little tighter and seemed sad.  After a couple minutes she put me back in the cage and visited with some other kitties.
 
She came back though; even when she pick up other kitties she would still talk to me.  Eventually she stopped visiting with the other cats looked at me and said, “There isn’t anything thing at all wrong with you, is there?!”  All of a sudden I found myself on a table and the lady was checking me out for sores and ear mites.  I guessed I passed inspection, because right after she finished she took me to an office and told the lady she wanted to give me a home. YES!


What is your favorite thing about your forever home?

I love lots of things about my forever home. First, my human Mom and I have a great relationship.  I’m a bit of a lap kitty and a snuggler, and she seems to like that. It doesn’t hurt that she had been scratching kitty chins for years either. She’s got that down to a science. Hehe

Oh, and Henry is, of course, a great brother (usually.) MOL

When I first moved in he welcomed me with open paws.  He showed me the ropes and even let me have the litter pan with the lid. (Later I learned that he gave me that pan so that he could pounce on me when I was ‘otherwise occupied.’)  

I guess you could say that my relationship with Henry is constantly evolving.  Sometimes he plays a little rough for my taste, but I’ve also learned that when I’m sick or hurting he is right there beside me, trying to figure out how to make it all better.  What more could a kitty ask for?

=^..^=

Dang.  Zoey is one long-winded kitty! (j/k)  She’s a yapper, but I love her just the same.  Oh and about my playing rough… I can’t help myself, she has the most nommable neck I have ever tasted. Hehe


Thanks for stopping by!

Henry (aka Quadpawd)


BTW... Zoey hasn't made a lot of twitter pals yet, so please consider heading over to twitter and introduce yourself.


But wait, there's more:  Mom wanted me to mention a couple other things... The Shelter didn't admit that Zoey was scheduled to be put down until after Mom adopted her (Zoey was scheduled to be put down the following morning.)  Mom worked at a shelter several years ago though, and knew how to read the card.  Zoey had one issue working against her, her black fur. Black cats are the hardest to adopt out, and are often the first to be put down in a shelter setting.  So if your human is considering adding another cat to your household, ask them to consider all the kitties before making a choice.
Oh, and that other cat Mom had planned to adopt found a new home about month later.  That kitty was very fortunate, in that before she found her furever home, she was living in a No-Kill Rescue.  

6 Comentários:

Mariodacat said...

Zoey is certainly a bootiful girl. I always has my eyes on the girls, so i'll stop on over and visit her.

Sebastian said...

You've got an awesome sisfur there Henry! Your whole family is lucky that things turned out like they did.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Ooo, hellOoooOooOoOOo Miss Zoey... say, you look like you might need a little cuddle...

Sparkle said...

Oh, you MUST have Zoey enter my June Shelter Cat contest - what a great story!

http://www.sparklecat.com/diary/june-shelter-cat-contest

Lin said...

Hooray for a happy ending!

Flamincatdesigns said...

What a lucky gal to be adopted by your mom.

That makes me purry sad that the shelters have trouble adopting the black cats.

I'm so glad that those who can, do adopt.

Great story!

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO