Friday, October 1, 2010

FureverFriday: ChezLuna

OMC… I’m so excited.  This week I was lucky enough to catch up with @ChezLuna (aka Jack and Luna) a great brother and sisfur duo from Catifornia.
 Luna is a grey tabby/tortie female, about 3 years old, very lazy/cuddly lap cat. Jack is a white/brown DSH male, 1 year old, full of energy and bad ideas. Staff = Dude (surfing bear) + Frog (French mama).

DO YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE BEFORE FINDING YOUR FOREVER HOME?

LUNA: Back in June 2008, I found myself lost on the streets of Santa Monica, CA (don't remember how). I was about 6 months old and thought I was pregnant. I was very hungry and afraid, a sweet little girl obviously used to a safe home. A nice lady took me in her apartment, fed me, and let me sleep with her in a warm, fluffy bed. Unfortunately, she could not keep me because her lease didn't allow pets.

JACK: I was dumped on the street a year ago with my 2 brothers and 2 sisters: we were 3 weeks old, so I don't remember anything. We were taken to a public shelter in Los Angeles, where we would have all been PTS because we were too young, if not for a fabulous rescue group that fostered us with a nice family until we were ready to be adopted. (My 2 sisters were adopted by a Beverly Hills family, and my 2 brothers by a Glendale family.)

HOW DID YOU FIND YOUR FOREVER HOME (OR HOW DID IT FIND YOU?)
LUNA: The nice lady knew neighbors who had lost their 23 year old cat to old age and sickness a few months before. She asked them whether they would be ready to adopt me. The neighbors --a big teddy-bearish surfer dude and a French mama-- fell in love with me instantly. Time for them to ready their home for my arrival, and to schedule an appointment with the vet, and I was in! The vet experience wasn't fun, with neutering, shots and microchipping, but luckily I only had a false pregnancy. My new staff pampered me until I was fully recovered... and ready to take over their home!

JACK: Even though Frog works from home and gave Luna a lot of attention (as well the Dude whenever he was home), she needed more fun and interaction, so the family decided to find her a companion. After much research, they settled on finding a male kitten with sufficient mojo to fit with Luna's lap princess personality. At the same time, my foster mom posted information about my litter for adoption on Craigslist and Twitter, and that's how staff found me. My 2 sisters had already been adopted, and we were the 3 brothers left for adoption. I immediately took over the Dude, while my 2 brothers Mo and Louie stuck together out visitors' way (it's a good thing they were adopted together, as I was the most fearless and independent of all.) When my foster mom took me to my new home, I was 2 months old. The first few days were rough, as Luna was reluctant to share her palace, but Frog and Dude took the time to make the introduction to Luna, with lots of cuddles and attention to both of us. Within 2 days, Luna and I shared the same room (though at a safe distance,) but Frog had to sleep in a different room with Luna for 13 days, while I slept with the Dude in a different room, until we all felt safe about Luna's potential reaction.)
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR ADOPTIVE FAMILY?

LUNA & JACK: We live in a nice apartment with lots of toys, a humongous, fun cat tree, scratch pads and fluffy beds everywhere, and large windows plus balcony to watch a busy wildlife: birds, bugs, squirrels, raccoons, opossums, and other pets on the street (non-stop activity!)

We get a lot of attention from Frog and Dude, and it's great to have Frog at home most of the time; nothing beats walking on her keyboard or in front of her computer screen when she's trying to work. She's also the biggest goofball of all when she plays with us. The Dude is, well, a Dude, but also the best cuddler on the planet... and the best to sleep on at night!

For Luna, it's fun not be alone anymore, and to have a little bro she can teach who's boss to, as well as the ropes of kitty life (staff calls her The Jedi.) For Jack, it's great to have a big sis from whom to learn all the kitty tricks and tips he didn't get to learn from his mommy. Our different personalities combine well for play and cuddlepiles, and we get to share and enjoy things together that only kitties can understand. Someone once said that cats come in pairs, and it's very true.

What else? Ah: our pantry is always full of yummy food and treats:


We also get to grow grass and catnip for unlimited consumption:

http://twitpic.com/aldlf
http://twitpic.com/onakt
http://twitpic.com/2f7t68

Last but not least: staff volunteers at a local, non-PTS rescue that helps homeless kitties find loving homes. Tough this means sharing their attention with furry strangers, we're happy those kitties get to enjoy tender love and care; plus we get to sniff all sorts of intriguing smells when staff comes home from the rescue! We may have turned into spoiled brats, but we will never forget that once, we were homeless kitties, too.

=^..^=

WOW!  I gotta meow… Stories like these make me pawsative that rescuing humans is the best way for us animals to find a good home.   If you know a stray human, introduce him/her to a friendly cat or (even) dog right away.  It’s the right thing to do!

Jack and Luna:THANK YOU for sharing your wonderful story.  I am super happy that you have such a great home life!

As for the rest of you...

Thanks for stopping by!

Henry (aka Quadpawd)


Want to see more of this SERIOUSLY CUTE DUO?  Check out their YouTube Channel.







9 Comentários:

Mr.Mews said...

So much love here! The bachelor in me is a tad envious I must say...

Anonymous said...

OMC! lunas Jacks. A very proud Auntie here! Thanks you for sharing your story with the worlds! I am so proud that you sharing your experience and I remember the early days, I knew you be best of friends. Thank you for bringing awareness to resuce you work with. Henry thank you for interviewing Lunas and Jack. I love you both Lunas and Jack.

Love your auntie hollie

http://twitter.com/ChezLuna said...

Thank you so much for sharing our story! We feel like a million dollars now, strutting around with startittude, driving staff craazee, MOL.

We also want to thank Twitter anipals whose wonderful advice and support helped make Jack's introduction to Luna's territory smooth and successful, especially @HollieCatRocks, @Boomiethecat & @Joe_da_Cat

Sweet purrs to all :)

Mariodacat said...

What a very great story with a happy ending. You both are so very adorable, and I'm happy your ooman chose the two of you. What a pair you make.

Anonymous said...

sweet purrs to you lunas and jacks!
you are an amazing pair with amazing staff! you will always has my support and advices. hee hee!

xoxox

Connie and Boomie said...

Dear Jack and Luna
We so happy you two dearest of kitties did find each other and in such a warm n loving home with Dude and Frog. Hug hug hug to all four of you.
Love Boomie and Connie

Oskar said...

Thanks so much for sharing your friends with us!

Guess what? My mom person & I have created a new blog at www.PetBlogsUnited.com.

We'd love it if you would come over and check it out & become a member. It's a great new place for pet bloggers to find each other, and get an opportunity to be a featured blog!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

VanillaSeven said...

Nice story. Love the cat's expression in the picture :)

Unknown said...

Such beautiful kitties!

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO