Friday, February 27, 2009

Follow 5 Friday wk 3

Welcome to another addition of F5F. We have four great cats and one pawesome dog for you today.

--------------------

Our first guest is our friend RomeoTheCat

1. How did you convince your human to allow you to set up a Twitter account?

She’s such a softie, she pretty much goes along with whatever I want. So when I wanted to go online, I looked up at her with HUGE eyes and she could not resist. Plus I told her I wanted to make it for a good cause and that I would give 5 cents to animal rescue for every follower I got! That sealed the deal.

2. What is your favorite thing about Twitter?


I have met sooooo many nice friends! I can’t believe I have dog
friends, hamster friends, guinea pig friends, horse friends, bird
friends and fish friends! And, in between naps and snacks, I love to
see what my furry buddies are doing throughout the day.

3.Tell me one thing you want all your followers to know about you?

My brother Pugsley and I came from a Persian Rescue in Marysville, Ohio. We are so grateful for our good luck that we want to help other furries find homes like ours. We have gotten nice donations from people on Twitter for our cause and also have a couple of pet companies who have agreed to give us donations as well! We are so excited! Each month we are choosing a new rescue to receive the donations. Will you please follow me or visit my blog www.romeothecat.com to keep up with our efforts? AND tell your buddies! I know we all want other furries to be happy too!

--------------------

Our second recommendation is dahliapkitten of Paws and Effect.

1. How did you convince your human to allow you to set up a Twitter account?

My mama is very well-trained. She's been helping my sibs, Siouxsie and Thomas, and me write Paws and Effect (www.paws-and-effect.com) for a long, long time--even since before I adopted her. Anyway, I heard about Twitter and I thought, "Wow, that's awesome! A microblog for a micro-cat!" I asked Mama to set up an account for me, and the rest is history.

2. What is your favorite thing about Twitter?

I like making short posts. My grumpy sister Siouxsie says it's 'cause I have a short attention ... hey what's that? The Purple Ball? Oooh, shiny! Hey Thomas, catch! *swat*

... Oh, yeah! As I was saying, I like making short posts and I love making new kitty friends on Twitter. It's lots of fun to get to know other cats from all over the place--it's like a giant virtual catnip party! I also like having my own space that I don't have to share with Siouxsie and Thomas. Oh, and I've been able to introduce my mama to some really cool cat-loving people, too.

3. Tell me one thing you want all your followers to know about you?

I adopted Mama two and a half years ago. My A-Day is September 19. I'm really happy I chose her, even though she came with two other cats. I love to snuggle with my brother Thomas, and sometimes I can even sneak a snuggle with grumpy old Siouxsie if I'm very very quiet. I'm very fluent in LOLcat, but I prefer to write in regular Humanglish. I like to talk LOLcat to annoy Siouxsie and Thomas, though. I can haz cheezburgr plzkthankx?!?

--------------------

Our special guest is our favorite litter trained puppy Pappup.

1. How did you convince your human to allow you to set up a Twitter account?

My person had to convince me! My Twitter was already set up for me when I arrived here to my forever home. That's why I'm @pappup on Twitter: my person and I waited to meet each other before deciding on my forever name together. @pappup means papillon puppy, which still fits.

2. What is your favorite thing about Twitter?

When I'm not napping, I'm always busy looking for something to do, and Twitter always has something going on. I like most of the other doggies & kitties on there and I also really like chatting with anipals of other species. Twitter anipals are usually much better than Twitter persons cuz anipals rarely try to sell you real estate or SEO or marketing services, and we also share tips with each other for getting away with mischief.

3. Tell me one thing you want all your followers to know about you?

Can I have two things? One is that my bestest anipal and part-time roomie @BooKittyKat was responsible for the Groucho glasses on my icon - she is fun to play with but she is also a terrorist. And two, more persons should know papillons are practically perfect doggies! We aren't as well known or popular as many doggie brands so I like to point out how special we are. My woofsite www.iTrixie.com includes lots of info about paps and also a lot of papillon videos. By the way, I am a purebred doggie, but I'm not a snob.. some of my best friends are mutts :>

---------------------

I decided I would take this opportunity to tell you more about me, OscarTheCat.

1. How did you convince your human to allow you to set up a Twitter account?

Well, I had been trying to convince Mom that I should take over her blog for months. Then, one day while I was surfing the net, something on one of my favorite blogs caught my eye. Daisy The Curly Cat had a twitter account as DaisyCurlyCat. It got me to thinking... After I showed mom that she had lots of feline friends on twitter, my mom said I could try it. OMC! I luv twitter.

2. What is your favorite thing about Twitter?

All the PAWESOME friends I have made on twitter. When you spend all you time with humans it's nice to be able to relate other animals that have had similar experiences. Also, I've been pretty sick lately and I have had so many twitter pals give me and my mom support. You guys rock!

3.Tell me one thing you want all your followers to know about you?

That I really enjoy working on this website and will try to spend more time organizing it as I continue to feel better.

---------------------

The final featured twitter cat is Quadpawd

1. How did you convince your human to allow you to set up a Twitter account?

Well, when I first moved into my forever home, I used my brothers (OscarTheCat) account a couple times and decided I wanted one of my own. After a few weeks of snuggling with my new mom, she caved and set up my account.

2. What is your favorite thing about Twitter?

All my new twitter pals. Oscar hired Mom over 17 years ago and had her pretty much trained to his liking. My twitter pals have offered pawesome advise on how to get mom to see things my way at times, without stepping on Oscars paws.

3.Tell me one thing you want all your followers to know about you?

Mom and Oscar rescued me from the local animal shelter, and I am thrilled to be in my new forever home. Oh, and Oscar, if your reading this, I am sorry about all those times I attacked you. I promise I will stop if you would just get better already.

-------------------------

Mom is helping write up some new questions for the coming weeks and we welcome any kittys and other critters that would like to gain new followers to participate. If you would like to be part of Follow 5 Friday please DM me at @OscarTheCat or email me at thefurrytripod at gmail dot com.

Thanks for stopping by!

Purrs and Nosetaps,

Oscar and Henry

1 Comentário:

Daisy said...

Oscar! I am so happy and proud that I had a small part in helping you get your own Twitter account!

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO