Friday, June 25, 2010

Furever Friday: Boomer


Happy Furever Friday!  This week I am thrilled to share with you the Furever home story of my good pal Boomer!


Do you remember anything about your life before finding you forever home?

I was told that my fur mom wandered into a lady’s backyard and made herself at home.  The lady allowed my fur mom to live in the greenhouse which was good ‘cause a few days after my mom arrived me and my 5 brothers and sisters were born.


How did you find your forever home?

About six months earlier my human mom and dad’s boy kitty had crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  He was 21.  They were waiting for me to be born, they just didn’t know I was the one they were waiting for until mom got an email that had been forwarded by a friend.  Mom really wanted an orange boy cat.  Dad had mentioned a few weeks before that he didn’t want another kitty.  Mom said ok but she had already seen a picture of me and my sibs.  When we were old enough to receive visitors, mom came home from work and told dad she was going to see some baby cats.  Well my dad just about knocked mom over dashing to the car to go meet us.  When they arrived at our birth house we were just 4-1/2 weeks old.  Mom didn’t know who to chose but dad did.  He picked me up in his giant hands and said to mom, “I want this one.”  Mom smiled and said “He’s the one.”  When me and my sibs were six weeks old mom came back with Gramma to pick me up.  She knew the lady and her family cared for us but it made mom nervous that six baby cats were running around in the backyard and living in the greenhouse at night.  There are raccoons and foxes and coyotes in our city and she was afraid something might happen to me.


At my new house I was introduced to my two older sisters, CiCi and Teika.  They were not too impressed with my arrival but they thought I was one of those feral kittens mom rescues so I would only be staying for a few days, a week tops.  Teika told me recently that CiCi is still waiting for me to leave.  CiCi can’t believe that no one has come to take me away to my furever home like all the other kittens that used to stay here.  I haven’t bothered to correct her.  Hee hee.


What’s your favorite thing about your adoptive family?

Since taking over this house, three years ago, I have whipped everyone and everything into shape.  I snooper-vise every detail of every activity.  Mostly I let mom make the decisions because I don’t want her thinking I am trying to micro manage.  I try to only give assistance when it is really needed like the time mom was making a quilt for someone and I made suggestions about the colours for the tulips.  I also had to check to make ensure the stitch length was set properly on the sewing machine.  Or the time mom was painting the planters for our garden and she needed my help watching the paint dry.  Mom likes to bake so I help her by testing to make sure the ice water is cold enough to add to the pie dough. 


I have lots of daily tasks but the most fun is when dad comes home from work and we play “landing kitty”.  I roll over on the landing to expose my belly so that as dad comes up the stairs I get the best belly rub ever.  Then I play bitey his hand.  At the end of each day I am quite exhausted and collapse falling into a deep and restful sleep until it is time for my before bed treats.


I am a very lucky boy cat.

=^..^=

Lucky indeed!   Boomer , thanks so much for sharing your story! 

You know, he didn’t come right out and meow it, but it is so obvious that he is in charge of his household.  Way to go Boomer; way to go!

Thanks for stopping by!
Henry (aka Quadpawd)

12 Comentários:

HH and The Boys said...

Great Story Boomer. I love the picture of you on the quilt. I'm a little fond of quilts, you know.

Have a great weekend.

tweetypie said...

Oh Boomie I am glad Urs M&D picked U HUGs
Tweetypie

Kritter Kondo said...

Boomie, your story was so intriguing! I love your photos, you are such a fur helper!

Much love, so glad we tweet together.

-Abi (@KritterKondo)

Bunny Jean Cook said...

dat's a grate story Boomie - i'm so happy u haf ur furever home. i luvs orange boy kittehs! xoxo BJC

Pandafur said...

Thats a grate interview henry, an Boomer haz a grate story too! *purrs*

Pumpkinpuddy said...

Henry, that was a pawsome interview. Boomer, you're a great snoopervisor. I'm happy you found such a great furever home.

Sparkle said...

It sounds like Boomer rules his home with a velvet paw - just the way he should!

Anonymous said...

OMC Goodest friend Boomie, I love this! You are amazing friend, what a great intterview.

XO Hug Hug Hug

Honeybell said...

You are very special Boomie! I love those words, "I want this one!" Great interview! purrs

Shiva & Jaya said...

Oh Boomer, we luv u even more and more now that we readed this! SMOOCHIES!

cats of wildcat woods said...

Great story Boomer - we are soo glad you got a great forever home. We twitter too and joined your blog here.

Lin said...

Oh, that is a nice story! I LOVE orange stripey kitties!!!

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO