Friday, April 3, 2009

Follow 5 Friday

Follow 5 Friday 4/03/09


Hi everyone thanks for stopping by for another Follow 5 Friday. This week we have more great cats for you to check out, and hopefully follow. That is, of course, if you’re not following them already…


Photo property of @Cats_R_Us

Our first guests today are Timon and Pumbaa from Cats_R_Us.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

We were born at an animal shelter nearly 6 years ago (21 March!); our real cat mum was a stray who unfortunately didn't make it. Luckily, another cat mother looked after us until our human mum met us a couple of weeks later and took us to our new home!

What do you call the humans you live with?

Our mum's called Helen. Human dad Maarten came along when we were 3, and although we like him, he does get a little too much attention!

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

We're just fun loving cats who find our apartment an exciting playground! We're sometimes puzzled that our acts don't come across as we expect, but that's the humans' lack of humor, not us. Oh, we'd like to ban all vacuum cleaners. They still scare the meows out of us!

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

We've only just joined Twitter, and we've already found a good couple of cool cats and even humans! But to answer the question, here's 5: @FindusTheMau, @PoeDeCat, @Lucy_Cat, @EmmytheCat, @mollie_cat

________________________________________


Photo property of @thatstripeycat


Our second guest is our friend known as That Stripey Cat.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

I was spayed and declawed as a kitten, I'm told, but the first thing I remember is being about nine months old and living under a spruce tree in the front yard of the house where I live now. For a long time, I wouldn't let the people who lived there pet me. Finally I decided that they looked harmless enough, so I wandered into the garage when the door was open and walked on the car that my Papa-Kitty-to-be was working on. He thought I was cute, but there was already a cat in the house (@HerGraceTheCat), and they weren't sure she would tolerate a stripey interloper. But they started calling me "That Stripey Cat" and feeding me.

After a couple of weeks of being as cute as I knew how to be (including standing behind the cars when they tried to back out of the driveway), it got cold outside and they decided to bring me in. I got officially adopted the day after Christmas in 2002, and I've been being cute (and giving @HerGraceTheCat a hard time) ever since!

What do you call the humans you live with?

You mean my staff? >^..^<>

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

You can read my blog at http://thatstripeycat.wordpress.com. It has the list of Stripey Cats Who Twitter.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

@IcyCat - She also lives with a black cat, @PepeBlackCat, so she knows what it's like to live with a snob! @BooKittyKat - I love his "accent". @Delila_Gerbil - Whose Mama Gerbil won't let her eat pork rinds. @Luzinda_Franzoi - Who is very friendly and loving.

________________________________________


Photo property of @TotallyLamont


Next we have our friend Lamont.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

Pa says I was abandoned kitten who was rescued. Somebody left LAMONT at a CAR WASH!
I was a month old and then I moved to my new home.


What do you call the humans you live with?


Pa or Dad. He's lonely/dangerous, and talks about ENDTIMES a lot.
He is REALLY GREAT.


Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?


I live with three cats @LloydBoy, Coco, and Karma Too.

I am part Somali and part street cat.

Really excited about my one year birthday so I can join Socks Army and FIGHT! I can hang out on a ladder, too.


Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:


@toby_cat - he told me about a ladder one time. sounds so awesome!

@Monkey_Cat - very wise kitteh!

@Indy_Tiger - LAMONT wants to be a tiger too!!!

@TerrorKittyDuff - crazy kitteh!

@EmmytheCat - far away kitteh!

_______________________________________


Photo property of @SphynxCatBoo


Our 4th guest today is our pal SphynxCatBoo.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)


My meowmy wanted an adult sphynx cat for 3 years, and she searched online. She moved to northern CA from southern CA and found me on the web at a nearby city. My nose is SLIGHTLY too short to be a show cat, so meowmy bought me from the breeder at age 2. She was so excited. Deowdy wasn’t excited. Now he cries at the thought of my ever leaving them. A pet psychic said I was so excited that my life was finally started when meowmy bought me. It was.


What do you call the humans that you live with?


@Megumi_N_Seimei taught me meowmy and deowdy and I like it.


Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?


I am a lavender sphynx 3yo cat certified for animal assisted therapy. Sphynx cat personalities are described as cat, dog, monkey and child. At home I’m all of those. Outside, I’m well behaved. My stepsister is an older calico who won’t cuddle. We have our own YouTube channel www.youtube.com/boosweetpea . I have my own myspace.com/geturboofix. I happily go to community events on a halter and leash. I am the only cat in a “poodle” parade (all dogs are welcome) every year at Santana Row (the Rodeo Drive of San Jose CA). Meowmy has a flickr account with pictures of us www.flickr.com/photos/redheadjokes .


Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:


I’m sneaking in a 6th, and check out who else I’m friends with cuz they’re all awesome.


@Megumi_N_Seimei @flothecat @Pandafur @OscarTheCat @Shitty_Kitty @BrewskieButt

________________________________________


Photo property of @Megumi_N_Seimei


For our fifth guest today, your actually getting 2 for the price of 1. This duo is probably amongst the first cats I followed here on twitter. I give you Megumi_N_Seimei

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)


Megumi: Meowmy's Daughter "the Girl" had a pet ferret, but also wanted a kitty. Meowmy said, "help me keep the house clean and do a good job with Elric (the ferret) and we can get a kitty too." So Girl was really good, and was a good helper for MONTHS and MoNTHS. Meowmy started looking around for kitties... then one of Girl's friends gave me to her. I was only 4 weeks old so I got lots and lot of special attention from Meowmy. They don't really know where I came from, or who would give me away so young. I'm VERY protective of Meowmy.

Then about 3 yrs ago, when I was 3 yrs old, Mr Elric ferret passed away, he was very old and I was sad. Then we had a human relative pass away, and I was more sad. Meowmy would go to the store or laundry and come home and find me crying at the door.

So we discussed adopting a boy kitty, so I wouldn't be so lonely. Then we adopted Seimei Dec 12 of 06.

Seimei: Meowmy was worried about Miss Megumi being so lonely, she wasn't actively looking for another kitty yet. Just "talking about it." So one day she went to Pet Food store to get something for Megumi and the adoption group was there with LOTS of kitties. I was there with some other kittens, and Meowmy said..."I'm not ready for a KITTEN" but I smiled at her, and meowed, and purrred. The adoption society lady let her hold me so I purred loud and LOuder and cuddled and purred. Meowmy gave in, and filled out the form. The next day they called her so she came to get me. I was 12 weeks old.

I LOVED Megumi right away, but it took her awhile to decide I was ok. after a few week she washed me and then smacked me and we've been friends ever since.

What do you call the humans you live with?

Meowmy (food giver, litterbox cleaner, staff) and The Girl, there are people who visit, MY Theo, and Big Guy. Who are buddies with Seimei and Megumi is ok with.

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?


Megumi saved Meowmy's life when she was just barely a year old. Meowmy had a new medication, it made her really sick and she passed out. Megumi woke her by washing her face and meowing desperately so that Meowmy could phone for help.


Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:


@Oscarthecat , @Monkey_Cat , @pennythecat, @BrewskieButt, @Lilpecan

________________________________________


Well, that's it for today. I hoped you learned something new about your friends and/or made some new ones.


Thanks for stopping by, OscarTheCat and Henry (aka TheEvilOne (aka Quadpawd))




2 Comentários:

Raina_roo said...

I enjoyed getting to know the cats better. I hope you are going to continue this feature.

Monkey Cat said...

Yay I is so happy Follow 5 Friday is back. Dis my favorite part of #followfriday! Thx Oscar

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO