Friday, April 17, 2009

Follow 5 Friday

Welcome to another addition of Follow 5 Friday. Today we have 4 great cats and 1 pawesome dog to introduce to you. If you've already met, please read on. You never know when you might learn something new. Meow...

_____________________________________________________________________

Photo property of Mainequeeze

Our first guest this week is Mainesqueeze.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

I got lost and was brought to a humane society. I was underweight and had thick matts all over my back and sides that had intertwined (called a "turtleback" matt). Oh, I was so happy after the groomer removed them! As soon as I got home, I flopped down on the floor and rolled around. I'm not afraid of combs and brushes anymore.

What do you call the humans you live with?

I call the female hoomin Mahm and the male hoomin Mahw.

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I pound as hard as I can on any door that I want to be opened. It bothers me when the hoomins won't let me into the bathroom, bedroom or outdoors.

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I live with Shadow and Brutus, who both came from the same humane society as me, and Stinker, who was born at our hoomin's previous home.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

Theotigsy mrmeowski monsta_fuzzball kraponski pandafur

_____________________________________________________________________

Photo property of VictorTabbycat


Our second guest is a veteran blogger but fairly new to twitter it’s VictorTabbycat

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

My older sisfur Bonnie liked Dad bestest an Mom needed more fur an purr therapy, so she was checkin out 'doption fairs. I was at my firstest 'doption fair efur, at PetSmart in Oct 2005. When I sawed Mom, I knowed she was the one fur me to dopt. So I did - I reached out an tapped her. Then I snuggled into her arms an purred an stared into her eyes. Mom argued bout Bonnie makin trouble or tryin to hurt me, but I just purred ofur all dat. An ya know what? Bonnie an I was nefur furiends, but we nefur hurted each ofur, either.

What do you call the humans you live with?

My beans is Mom, Dad, an the boy.

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I LUF people food! I help in the kitchen an stare at beans when they's eatin. If they look at me, I spin in a circle so they know how much I want what they've got. If they don't look, I pull on da table cloth. If they's not eatin an I wanna snack, I can bang the cupboard doors an sumtimes get them open.

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I's been bloggin a coupla years but only joined Twitter last week. I blogged wif my sisfur Bonnie Underfoot, the Attack Tabby, until she suddenly ran off to da Bridge last year. Since I was lonely, Dad finded me a new sisfur, Nina, an we get along grate! We blog togefur, but we seem to haf less to say now than when Bonnie an I was always arguin.

Also, I's furry soft an furiendly. I luf Temptations an catnip an Mom. I also like to sing in the entryway.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

@thecatsp, @HotMBC, @DaisyCurlyCat, @Catshavestaff and @ArtsyCatsy

These are all cats I know thru bloggin, but I's happy to be meetin so many new cats, too.

_____________________________________________________________________

Photo property of MsZona


Our third guest is MsZona

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

I was born in May 1999 in Dallas, Texas. I lived in a large colony of cats, some of whom were feral and some of whom had been abandoned in an apartment complex. This wasn't just any apartment complex though, it had a lake, lots of trees, and was home to many turtles, ducks, geese, fishes, raccoons, opossums, herons, cormorants, and for a short time even a swan! But the most honored were the kitty cats. I guess there was probably 30 of us living there in the wild.

At the end of summer, two humans moved into a first floor apartment in a quiet part of the complex. I wouldn't have noticed except they started to put food out for the kitties. My kitty mom (a grey Manx, the humans called her "the mama kitty"; my pop was an orange tabby named Bruiser) took me and my brother, Marmalade, to eat one day. Well, word quickly got out that this place had good food and lots of it, plus it was a nice place to hide out of nasty weather. Soon just about everything but the fish were seen taking turns on that porch! I didn't mind, except for the Muscovy because they are pretty stupid animals. The could get in the porch, but always forgot how to leave.

Well, the lady human, started to try to open the door and get to know us kitties. She started sitting quietly, then she'd work up to talking with us near. Within a few weeks me and Marmalade would even let her come out onto the patio while we were there. Marmalade was the first one who let the human touch him, and he really liked it and even let the human pick him up. I was more cautious, so the lady had to start getting me to interact with her by playing with shoestrings that she'd move around. Well, I'd get to playing and before I knew it the string had enticed me inside! I got to meet three birds who lived inside, which I thought was really strange and cool at the same time. But I wasn't yet ready to stay, so the lady let me come into the apartment a few times before I finally let her touch me.

That lady even got me to purr for the first time, and boy it shocked me! Who knew them humans not only had food but could give such great feeling things they call hugs, scritches, and petting. So, I started really liking the lady, the guy who also lived there, and the birds. I missed my family and the colony of cats. I still got to see them when they came to eat outside, and I'd sit next to the sliding glass door and keep all of the critters company. I'd remind the humans to feed the critters, all except for the ducks who learned how to knock on the glass if the dish was empty.

What do you call the humans you live with?

Mama (I can even meow mama!), and Glen or pop, who is her husband. He is kinda my dad but mostly more like an older brother or litter mate. I hate when he kicks me off what he calls his side of the bed. I mean, mama is the only one who has assigned sides. The other side is first come first serve! But, he's bigger than me, and can pick me up, so I usually let him have it after some fussing to remind him that I'm not happy.

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I have very specific rules and routines. Mama can pet and snuggle me, even my belly. Only pop can clean my ears. Only mama can clean my eye goop or butt. I will only lay on pop's belly. Only mama can give me medicine. I will only jump onto pop's lap. I will only play fetch or with toys with mama. I will only play hand monster with pop. I like my water and food dish to both stay more than half full. I like my litter box to be cleaned after each visit (I adore my automatic litter box!). I will not drink my water after a piece of crunchy food has fallen into it. I will not eat most of my wet food, but will gladly drink up all the juice (mama calls it my soup!). I will corral the humans to bed around 10pm, when the birds start fussing that it is their bed time. I expect 4 greenies every morning before mama goes to work. Mama says that's enough examples...

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I really enjoy Twittering to my anipals. I look forward to meeting new pals. I am only following cats right now, but I think I'm ready to branch out to meet other critters. I am the main animal who Twitters, but sometimes I mention something the birds said or something the other cat in the house (Mo) said.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

There are so many great ones out there! @Luzinha_Franzoi @SimoneLeChat @Wildboutbirds @Petiethecat @PrincessTheCat

_____________________________________________________________________

Photo property of Twinkle_Cat


Our forth guest today is a VERY friendly young kitty named Twinkle_Cat.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

Well, I was sitting in a small cage in Bath, RSPCA when these humans started cooing at me. I thought they were a bit strange but later that week they took me to my forever home, where I met @SirFreddieElvis .

What do you call the humans you live with?

I call the humans I live with humans. They do not have names, because they are not cats!

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I like to run, jump and climb on the humans beds. They don't like it, but do I care, NO! I am queen of MY house. I also like to shove my bottom in @SirFreddieElvis face. I'm not sure if he likes it or not. You would have to ask him!

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I am a cute little Jellicle cat, who everybody loves especially @SirFreddieElvis ! I have an extraordinary large mouth in comparison to my small head.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

A very difficult one, as there are so many, but- @SirFreddieElvis @Emmythecat @Pandafur @Oscar_LeChat @RadarDog

_____________________________________________________________________

Photo property of Duke_Richard_II



While this site is primarily dedicated to twitter cats, Henry and I have met some pretty pawesome dogs that deserve their day. And on this day, I would like you to met our friend Duke_Richard_II

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

Once a homeless dog roaming the streets of Bastrop, Texas, I was eventually captured and sent to a kill shelter in Austin. Thankfully, I was rescued from that place by the Austin Humane Society (www.austinhumanesociety.org). I was underweight and suffering from a bad case of heart worms. No one wanted to adopt me because there was a chance I wouldn't make it through the heart worm treatment.

The King and Queen had already adopted one dog, Sophie, from the AHS and were looking for a second dog. They had gone through two intros, but Sophie didn't like the other two dogs, Blueberry and Ace. The Queen saw me and knew I was the PERFECT fit for her family, so she brought Sophie by to meet me. Sophie and I were best pals from the moment we saw each other. During our intro we played and played and even shared a water bowl (apparently this is a big deal).

The King and Queen took me home that day and I started my heart worm treatment a few days later. It was a little scary at times, but I survived and I am now happy and healthier than ever. In fact, when I was adopted they estimated my age to be 2.5 years old. I just had my one year (since adoption) check up, and the vet said I seemed like I was only 2 years old NOW. That means I was in such bad shape when I was adopted that I looked 1.5 years older than I actually was.

What do you call the humans you live with?

The King and Queen.

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I love to pull dirty socks (and other unmentionables) out of the laundry and leave them around the house. I also like to kill toads because they release a toxin that makes me feel all funny inside. Whenever I do this, the King and Queen get very upset with me and have to wash out my mouth.


Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I have secret spots! When I was adopted I was totally white with long, wirey hair. The Queen had me groomed a few days after I was adopted and I had all these tan spots.

I also have my own Royal Pack at www.dukerichard.com. The purpose of my Royal Pack (and www.dukerichard.com) is to share the rescue stories and charitable efforts of animals !around the world, in the hopes that humans will read them and be moved to volunteer, donate, or adopt!

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

Oh boy, this is a tough one! I'm going to recommend the five newest members of my Royal Pack: @emmythecat @princessthecat @sylviedog @buddytrix and @petiethecat

_____________________________________________________________________

Well that’s it for today. I hope you find the opportunity to make some new twitter friends from our list. And a very special thanks to Mainesqueeze, Victor Tabbycat, MsZona, Twinkle_Cat, and Duke_Richard_II!

Thanks for stopping by!

OscarTheCat and Henry

1 Comentário:

Victor Tabbycat said...

Fanks, Oscar! I like gettin to know my Twitter furiends better an, acourse, meetin mew ones!
Purrs and nosetaps,
Victor

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO