Sunday, June 14, 2009

Man-Cat Of The Week

It's the beginning of a new week, and you know what that means, don't you? That's right, it's time to announce our new Man-Cat of the Week. This weeks Man-Cat is one who works hard (while still able to manage an intense napping schedule), plays hard (dudes, got cattitude), and is an inspiration to us all. Yes, indeed, this weeks Man-Cat is none other than RomeoTheCat


Age?

5 years old old


What does being a man-cat mean to you?


Being a man-cat means that I have to look out for my family - Pugsley, my dad, and especially my mom and yes, even the crawling creature. I watch over her usually at a safe distance!


How does it affect your roll in the family?

I'd say being the oldest man-cat, because of course Pugsley is a man-cat too but he's younger, means that it is up to me to make sure we are fed on time! So I am the one who meows for food in the morning and the evening. Pugsley just comes when the food is served.


What inspired you to become involved in fundraising for no-kill animal rescues?

I became inspired when I realized what an amazing community of animal lovers there was on Twitter and how if everyone came together we could make some great things happen. And we have!


Do you have any advise for other critters who would like to get involved with helping animals, beit a community project or something on a larger scale?


My advice is that every little bit counts -whether it's time or money. There is a range of ways people can help depending on what your lifestyle and finances will permit. I think that's why FURPOWER has been such a great success because it gives a lot of people a way to give.
Lots of people already donate and work with their local organizations but many more don't and are looking for a way to contribute! I think the biggest thing is to follow your passion! You can get something started and throw your passion behind it and you will be successful. The other thing is to remember that success is $5 or $500. EVERY BIT COUNTS!

=^..^=

Now, that is what I call a Man-Cat. If this is your first time being introduced to Romeo, I would highly recommend you follow him on twitter here, and keep up to date with his fundraising activities and his crazy cat antics here.

At the very least, please stop by his blog to learn of the great success of this past weekends #pawpawty. You never know, he might just inspire you to speak up for animals too!

A very special thank you to Romeo for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope you get a chance to take a well deserved rest my friend (that goes for your staff too.)

Thank you for stopping,

Henry

2 Comentários:

Unknown said...

You are a great role model for us humans AND a great wake up tactic role model for our kittehs too. Keep doing what you do so well! And oh so dashingly handsome.

Your Daily Cute said...

Now that's a MAN-CAT! I remember way back when, when Romeo was doing his first money-raising by donating for people who followed him... It's been great watching him do so much for animals.

Keep up the good work, Romeo!

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO