Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Mommy Meme

Hi everyone! I was visiting Daisys Blog earlier today, and I was shocked to find that her Mommy had done a post about herself. The post, I guess, is what da humans call a Meme. I not no what dats all about, but I do know dat when my mom saw it she about ript the laptop out of my paws saying, "Let me do it! Please, Henry?"
My mom is not one to say please very often, so how could I refuse her? Oh, but I didz give her one condition; I getz to tell you about her.

The rules go like dis:
(1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos,

OR
(2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos,
OR
(3) post a childhood picture of yourself.

After I expose her dark secrets to the world I'z gonna pick 5 other critters on twitter, who also blog. So don't go away!

~~=^..^=~~

When I first made mom show where to find the old photos, I stumbled upon this one and was surprised to learn that she used to be smaller than me. You would never guess that by looking at her now. I wish I knew her back then, those fingers look purrdy nommy. hehe

=^..^=

Mom was a world famous tap dancer. Okay, not really, but she did know how to put her foot down. Mom is the little girl on your far right.

=^..^=

My momz not afraid to shot. MOL My poor uncle Steve was no match for my mom and her six shooter! I am happy to report that he made a full recovery.

=^..^=

Here you can see that my mother turned nine once. Hehe Actually this picture tells a couple stories:
  • She always had a soft spot for cats. She said dat when she was little she had over 4oo cats in her room. Not real ones, but posters, figures, stuffed animals and such. Yikes!
  • Another thing I noticed is that goofy look on her face! I wonder if dats where I learned to make my funny faces?
*Disclaimer: Mom wanted me to point out dat it wasn't always about cats when she was a little girl, and that when when she was older she fell "in love" with a Rock Star, just like teenage girls are supposed too. MOL

=^..^=

Here she is at one of her favorite places. Mom loved living in South Dakota and says that 'someday' she is going to load us both up in her car, and move back. I can't wait!

=^..^=

The sixth photo is of my mother a few years ago. My mom loves the outdoors and used to walk 4 miles every day and go hiking almost every weekend.

=^..^=

My mom enjoys genealogy and would love to have a conversation with the gentleman shown below. He was her Great-Great Grandfather, Olaf Nord.

~~~=^..^=~~~

As you can tell, I wasn't able to to get too much dirt about my mom. I know it's out there though...

Okay, as I mentioned before, I was going to list a few critters I would like to see feature there moms/dads/humans/staff/'rents on their blogs. If your not on this list, but want to try it, feel free to do so as well.

I choose: BrewskieButt, LouPeb, BabyPatches, Loki, & the WineCountryDog. Of course, dey don't havez to do it, but I they are such pawesome anipals that I would luvs to learn more about there loyalist fans. (Oh, and you can tweak it a bit if you wantz. If you follow da chain back a few links, you see everybody has kind of made dis der own.)

Thanks for stopping by!

Henry aka Quadpawd

7 Comentários:

Daisy said...

I am so glad you let your mom do this one, Henry! It has been a blast to see everybuddy's mom. Your mom was such a cute youngster! I especially love the tap-dancing photo.

Backcountry Brodie said...

For real Henry, your mom was a famous tap dancing star? So was mine! Lovely story about your mom. It's so nice to be able to put a mom to the cat.

Reese =^..^= said...

That was fun to learn about your Mom. My Mom is doing the yakking about herself on my blog on Sunday.

Sparkle said...

My human says it's possible to love cats and rock stars at the same time. She was in love with some guy named Robin Zander when she was a teenager and kept bringing cats home. (And apparently, some people used to have a crush on HER nutso, dog-loving boyfriend when THEY were teenagers. Weird!)

Circus Kitty said...

Thanks for doing this - I luv the pictures. So cute :) Always nice to hears about the hoomins a bit. I hopes the BrewskieButt & BabyPatches do this for sure!

Lisa Newton said...

Olaf looks like he could get into mischief!!!

Dana said...

Your mom sounds a little like me. We are about the same age and like the same things. I like your blog, Henry.

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO