Friday, May 8, 2009

Follow 5 Friday 5/8/09


Wow, is it Friday again already? I guess time really flies when you sleep 18 hours a day. As usual, five great cats raised their paws when I asked for volunteers so we have another great group for you today. Oh, and guess what two more Oscars joined twitter this week and we’ve got them both today!

=^..^=

Our first guest is CatNamedOscar. Don’t you just love his eye’s?

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

I was living with my old mommy and my two brothers when a new kitty moved in. I MAY have caused a lot of problems in the house until it was apparent I had to go. I was my old Mommies favorite kitty ever, but I caused all the problems. My new Mommie was searching online at the kitties and she found my picture and read about me. She went to visit me in my home, and I got to go home with her that night! Old mommie and new Mommie still emailz and send pictures, but I've been with my mommie for over two years now. My new Mommy works at a Vet Clinic only for cats so we have worked really hard on my issues and I'm doing really good.

What do you call the humans you live with?

Mommy and Auntie Tara (Mommys roomate)

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I do things my own way, In my own time when I am ready. This makes my Mommy super patient with me. So nothing? I'm purrrfect!!!

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

My borders and I have the same birthday as Mommy! April 10th! (Almost, we say so cause we are not sure of the day, only that its the first of April!!)

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

Its only been one day but theese guys are so nice to me!! Why only Five?

@Monkey_Cat
@OscarTheCat
@Quadpawd
@BabyPatches
@EmmytheCat

=^..^=

As I mentioned, there are two Oscars. Next, I give you OscarWearsPants.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

My mom was working as a photographer at Petco. It was close to closing time, and this family came into the store with me in this dark box. I hated it, and was really mean to everyone. They said they found me in a parking lot. I was really dirty, and was limping a bit. My mom offered to take me home, since she knew a lot about cats, and has rescued a lot of them. I had some kidney problems, and acted feral. She took me to work with her the next day, and by the end of the day, I was curled up fast asleep on a kitty bed on a table all by myself. She trusted me a lot.

I did get adopted for a few weeks, but those humans didn't like me. Or at least their skin didn't like me, they got kind of sick, so brought me back to my mom. She was so happy to see me again, that she vowed never to let me leave again. After this whole ordeal, I'm still a bit shy. My 2nd birthday is next week, and I recently decided to try to be a lap cat. I'll curl up in my grandma's lap sometimes, but I'm not really sure how its supposed to work, so I get laughed at because I look awkward.

What do you call the humans you live with?

My main human is my Mom. I generally don't address any of the other humans by name or anything, I just live with them.

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I love sleeping on the stove. Its really warm and comfy, but my mom doesn't like it. I also like to hang out in the cupboard with the pots and pans, and I'll even sleep in the pots on the stove, which my mom thinks is cute, even if she won't admit it.

I also recently developed the desire to pee on everything. The doctor says I'm healthy, just being a boy kitty. My mom doesn't get it because I'm nootered, but I'm still just being a boy.

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I have a brother, Radar, who I think is really my mom's favorite, but he doesn't know how to use a computer, so he doesn't tweet. I also live with lots of other kitties, and love curling up and sleeping with my cousins. I have a girlfriend named Candie, but I'm not entirely faithful to her. I also have a sort-of-boyfriend named Mordred, but he's not very manly, so its all okay.

I spend my free time writing mystery novels. Okay, so I've been working on the same one since I was a kitten, but I'll finish it someday! I swear!

Oh, and my full name really is Oscar Wears Pants. My mom thinks its cute. I'm not so impressed.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

I'm new to twitter, so I don't have a lot of close friends. My mom is online friends with Mulder's mom, so here he is- http://twitter.com/MulderFatCat and of course, the kitties that have the awesomest name in the world (and inspired my mom to help me get set up on twitter)- http://twitter.com/OscarTheCat and http://twitter.com/CatnamedOscar And my mom is http://twitter.com/halfwaynowhere She's getting jealous as she realizes that I will soon be more popular on the internet than she is, so I'll give her a little shout-out. Oh, and my auntie is http://twitter.com/blairit does that make 5? I'm not so good with numbers.


=^..^=

Next up, we have the beautiful lady; PKTheCat

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

I was living in a cage in something humans call a pet store when I was 6 weeks old and my parents came to rescue me. My Dad's coworker had rescued my sister the day before and he just had to come and meet me. The minute he picked me up I began purring and rubbing his cheek and he was hooked! I am a Himalayan and I came with something called "papers," but my parents never sent them in because they did not want me to put on airs. I have been the queen of their world ever since.

What do you call the humans you live with?

I mostly call them Mama & Dad, but sometimes "staff"

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I love to follow my parents around and meow for no apparent reason. It drives them crazy trying to figure out what I want! I am very vocal when my box needs cleaning or any of my dishes are empty. I also sit at the back door and meow until they let me out onto my screen porch for sunbeams and bird watching.

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

PK stands for "Psycho Kitty" and even though I'm almost 16 years old I can still zoom around the house like a crazy kitty. Also, I only weigh about 6 pounds. Mama says it's a good thing because if I were bigger I would cause even more mayhem!

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

This is a hard one... the obvious choices are the anipals who work so hard to help others: @Romeothecat, @Emmythecat, @FrugalDougal, @BrewskieButt & @OscartheCat. But I have to give a special *nosetap* to @ThatStripeyCat & @HerGracetheCat who helped introduce me to all of the anipals on Twitter!

=^..^=


Next we have my good buddy PetieTheCat

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

My mamma found me at The Winnipeg Humane Society where I had been for a long time. I had been taken back to the shelter twice already when mamma found me

What do you call the humans you live with?

I call the people I live with mamma and daddy, sometimes meowmie

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I loves to sing at 4 am and both mamma and daddy hate it. MOL, MOL

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I also loves to chase bugs on the deck, lie in sunpuddles, and bat around ping pong balls, Oh wait, I like to bat around most everything

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

Five other anipals, Dat is hard one cuz I loves dem all

@emmythecat

@BrewskieButt

@wildboutbirds

@Delila_Gerbil

@Pandafur


=^..^=

Our Final kity today is one of my younger friends, HoneyBell aka WildboutBirds.

How did you find your forever home? (Or how did it find you?)

I was born, a tree cat, but since no one noes what that is, I guess it's called a feral cat. I would sleep and keep watching all the cats that were in the house by this tree and the nice people that were inside. I moved from the tree to the front window! Bold move, I must say! But it paid off! Mama would come out and talk baby talk, (of course, I didn't mind, but I was supposed to be this hunky cool street cat! Yikes, I noes that wasn't me!) So I would Let her pet me and feed me but it took a couple of days and some big truck noises later to let her pick me up and bring me inside! Big Guy (papa) said we have to keep him inside with us! This made me very happy, indeed! I did notice however, many cat boxes and many dishes on the floor; actually it was called a buffet, you see, they have so many kitties 7 including me that is's a smorgasbord everyday with a variety of food and water. You see before coming inside, I would have to either wait for the lady to put out water or wait for rain or if real thirsty would go to edge of canal! for a drink . This is very dangerous and should not be tried at home, little kitties! I had a feral kitty friend who showed me the ropes outside. He ("kitty kitty") still lives outside under a mango tree but mama takes good care of him. He doesn't like any other cats so he can't come in. He is happy and gets catnip outside and fed 2x daily and even she puts that stinky medicine on him for fleas ~ Blargh...hate that stuff!

I also share my house with 14 birds in their own room!

What do you call the humans you live with?

I call them Mama and Big Guy! Purrrsss

What do you like to do, even though it drives your human(s) crazy?

I thinks that it should be what do I do that doesn't drive my oomans crazy! My favorite thing is to pounce on mama's big toy while she sleeps! Lately though, she has acquired a water spray bottle! I am quite offended and put off by this but Big guy (papa) says that's the only way I will learn not to eat mama! MOL

I knock off stuff on counters and loves to hide oomans stuff. I have a hiding place that mama recently found and she has discovered all the things that were missing that I actually forget that I put there; due to my little kitty walnut head, I guess.

Is there anything else you would like your twitter pals to know?

I am in love and have a chemistry with my lovely girlfriend, @ThatStripeyCat~ :::sighs::: she makes me smile and feel happy inside so I asked mama and she said that was love.

Recommend 5 of your twitter friends to our readers:

I love to play wif my friends anipals too many to mention but loves @PetietheCat, @Rumblepurr @ArtytheCat, @Pandafur and @SirFreddieElvis and of course I think my first friend was you, @OscartheCat who was very kind to me and told me to run when I was going to get the nooders done. And @EmmyTheCat or rather, Queen Emmy; she also was with me in the beginning and holding my paw and was the voice of reason! MOL!

I loves to laugh and talks a lot too. I thinks I just answered Number 5 above. except I have to mention @JessicaKorman who is ooman but is the bestest at friendships and scratchies and bellyrubs that I noes of! Don't want to offend my Gerbil friend (*gkiss Delila) or doggie friends or other anipals...Love them all!

=^..^=

I would like to say a special thank you to these fine kitties for sharing with us today! And, of course, thank you for taking the time to read about my great friends. As always, I hope you met new friends here and maybe learned something new about some old ones.

Thanks for stopping by,

OscarTheCat


3 Comentários:

Your Daily Cute said...

Nice to read everyone's stories! These are good kitties to follow! :)

Mo and The Purries said...

Wow - we don't know how you have time to interview so many pawsome cats for your blog, but it was great reading about all them!
Meow for now,
The Purries from
Purrchance To Dreamand Uncle Mo

Reese =^..^= said...

Those are some very nice kitties!

Cats Who Twitter © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO